Monday, March 5, 2012

Yes I Am a Computer Gal, No I Won't Have a Cooler Blog

It is time to address this topic.  I am using the simple template from blogger.  I have not done very many customizations at all.  I even left the default blue color.

Yes, I worked in IT for 8 years.  Yes, I have a a degree in computers.

Here is the key.  I don't do pretty.  I do functional.  Blogger already created all the functionality I need (for now) so I am just going to continue using the boring, simple, easy-cheesy templates.  I am working on a banner image.  When I finish that, I may stop there or I may keep going.  It all depends on Wyatt and if he continues with 45 minute naps.  I will beat the 45 minute intruder (separate post coming soon). 

Now that I got that out of the way (my guilt was consuming me), here are some of the weekend highlights.

  • Found a yummy Cuban restaurant this weekend. This inspired Hunter to make some Cafe Cubanos at home. 
  •  Upgraded from the Moby Wrap (I loved) to the Ergo Baby Carrier (I love). It was time for a carrier that could be used like a backpack and also in the front.  Hurrah!
  • Survived a 2 hour softball practice in beautiful weather.  One of the sweet wifeys watched Wyatt the whole time so I could play.  We have our first game tonight.  Go Team Zachry!
  • Created a safe space for Wyatt.  Mutli-tasking is hard when your child can move around.  We will do some better baby-proofing in the future. 
  • Bought all of the baby beach essentials from Babies R Us (rash guard, sunglasses, beach hat, baby sunscreen). 




I think I overused parenthesis in this post (don't you?).

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At March 6, 2012 at 12:05 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

First of all LOVE Cafe Cubanos; I got quite good at making them when I worked in Miami. Second, I went from Moby to Ergo and loved both of them. Third, you crack me up. Fourth, enjoy the beautiful FL weather. And finally, I love that you started to blog.

 
At March 8, 2012 at 7:46 AM , Blogger Janet said...

Thanks! Can you tell I have too much free time right now? I am working on fixing that, but I am enjoying the life. Comments on the blog are about as exciting as getting the mail everyday for me. It's the small things.

 
At March 9, 2012 at 9:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're so funny! We've GOT to start hanging out more! There is NO such thing as too many parenthesis!

 
At March 10, 2012 at 9:08 AM , Blogger Janet said...

I agree. We do need to hang out more. Maybe the families can get together for dinner sometime soon. I know weekends are precious husband time! Evenings too. :)

 
At March 22, 2012 at 12:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaaah, but blue is your favorite color, not quite periwinkle, but close enough.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home