Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Year

Today was a once every 4 years kinda day. 

Wyatt woke up with big smiles, and did some good practice crawling and playing.  I am starting to feel a little too lucky since he is really getting good at the alone time and can go for an hour with me just occasionally checking in with him or swapping out toys. 

We left the house and went to a picnic with the MOMS Club.  It was great talking to other adults (whoo hoo) and getting out of the house. 

Hunter got home on time from work.  We fed Wyatt his 3rd day of rice cereal. I found the trick towards the end of it...make it thicker.  He struggles with the soupy cereal, but wolfed down the thicker stuff.  We put him in the stroller and walked over to a vacant area of the condo to play catch.  No, no..not with Wyatt.  Hunter signed me and him up for a softball team so we had to get in some practice throws. Wyatt just sat happily in the stroller and watched us.  I'm sure we looked crazy to the retirees power walking through the condo.  I don't know how we are going to both play 2 games of softball on Monday's and feed a child and put him to bed and keep him happy and be awesome, but we are going to try.  One night of the week out of the routine can't hurt, riiiiiigggghhhhhtttt?

After catch, we celebrated leap year with some Mezican.  I have been feigning for some Tex-Mex so had to make my own.  We made our own fajita marinade (lime, chipotles in adobo, cilantro, garlic) since there is not an HEB nearby.  We also did homemade queso in the molcajete to keep it nice and warm.  If you like queso, you need a molcajete.  Guacamole too since we bought 6 avocados at CostCo.  I am already dreaming of leftover fajitas tomorrow. Nom nom! AND Hunter did dishes. 

Wyatt seemed to be in a fabulous mood all evening which is not the usual.  I usually have to stretch it to bathtime/bedtime.  Either he likes leap year or he likes full belly.  Here is hoping for lots of sleep tonight. Orale!!!


Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At February 29, 2012 at 9:52 PM , Blogger TakeMeThereTotes said...

Everyone should have a perfect day at least every four years. Sounds like you three had one. Glad Wyatt is chowing down on his arroz con leche!

 
At March 1, 2012 at 7:56 AM , Blogger Janet said...

Arroz con leche! Bueno :)

 
At March 22, 2012 at 12:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss HEB so much. And don't get me started on TEX-MEX. And BArbque. Last time we came home to Texas, we stopped in Stephenville at a BBQ rest called the Hard Eight (get your mind out of the gutter, it refers to the 8 seconds you are on a bull in bull riding) anyway, you line up out side at this huge pit smoker and they ask you want you want and you tell them. I asked for sausage, and he said (in his best Texas drawl) you want jalapeno ... I said, "Don, were back in Texas"

 
At March 22, 2012 at 11:24 AM , Blogger Janet said...

Yes...jalapeno everything! I haven't thought about the bbq yet. Hopefully your state has some decent local food. I am giving up on Florida cuisine although the Cuban food is pretty good.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home