Friday, February 24, 2012

My Current Workout Plan

I have done a decent amount of running and walking since Wyatt was born, but have really struggled with core strength and an overall level of general fitness.  I will blame the C - Section instead of my lack of exercise during and after my pregnancy. :)

My true passion is running, but running doesn't feel great unless you have a reasonable amount of muscle tone and endurance.  This is a great article explaining how you should build up your muscle before working on your cardio.   You have to "strengthen the muscles the body needs to recruit for running".

I have started the Jamie Eason Live Fit 12 Week Trainer program, and I am really enjoying it so far.  It is a free, very detailed workout, that includes a nutrition plan if you were very serious about looking as good as Jamie Eason.  I am only following the workout plans.  I am in Phase 1, Week 3.  For Phase 1 of her program, you do not do any cardio.  You only work on building muscle.  If you have access to a gym with the basic machines and free weights, this workout is a great option for you.  There are videos you can watch for each exercise if you do not know the proper form.  I am able to do this workout in the gym at my condo with Wyatt in a stroller next to me.  Phase 1 has taken me about 30 to 45 minutes per workout. 

Wyatt stays happy so far for the entire workout.  Basically he spends one of his awake / play times in a stroller with toys.  I felt a little guilty at first, but he stays happy the whole time so I think it is good for both of us.  The challenge may start with Phase 2, where cardio plays into the workouts.  I don't think I can spend 2 of his awake / play times in a stroller.  We will have to get creative.  Hunter is doing the workouts too so maybe we can find a way to do the cardio together in the evenings.

Any moms have tips for balancing mom health and happiness with baby health and happiness? Sometimes I feel so guilty for wanting to get in a good workout and keeping Wyatt in the stroller.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At March 2, 2012 at 9:11 PM , Blogger Beth said...

I'm not a mom, but I don't think you should feel guilty about wanting to workout. Your life revolves around baby, and you doing something for yourself to maintain your sanity and health will be really good for him in the long run! Thanks for the links, I'm checking them out.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home