Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Healthy Err Dip

I love dips.  If you asked me what my favorite food is, I would probably say something like seafood (all kinds) or maybe pizza.  Secretly I would be thinking dip.  Guacamole, queso, veggies and ranch dip, philly hostess dip, french onion, salsa...I love them all. 

The America's Test Kitchen Healthy Family Cookbook has an interesting way to make sour cream based dips a little bit healthier.  I was skeptical, but gave it a try today.  It is rockstar good and slightly healthier.  Here is the secret.
  1. Boil some water, you will need 1/4 cup.  
  2. Put 3/4 cup cottage cheese into a food processor or blender and add the 1/4 cup boiling water.
  3. Blend until smooth.
  4. Add  3/4 cup light sour cream and pulse until combined.
  5. Add in whatever you usually do to make a tasty dip!

Today I added lime juice, chipotles in adobo, an avocado, green onions, and cilantro according to one of the featured recipes in the book.  Now, if I could just find a way to make chips or crackers healthier.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home