Monday, March 26, 2012

The Deoderant Challenge

I work out a lot, suffer from social anxiety (aka the sweats), and live in a tropical climate so I am always searching for the best deodorant.  I usually use regular ol Dove.  It has higher concentrations of aluminumy type stuff and always did "allll riiiight" for me.  Florida humidity was making me doubt.  I tried 2 of the newish clinical strength deodorants.


I was excited about the Secret Clinical Strength Waterproof AP/D.  The instructions say to use 2 clicks in the morning and in the evening.  After 1 week the Secret one did not compare to regular ol Dove and I felt like I was using excessive amounts of deodorant. The Dove Clinical Protection AP/D instructions say to use 2 clicks at night only.  The clicker wasn't as efficient as the Secret deodorant so I usually used 3 clicks but did not have to reapply in the AM per the instructions.  The Dove one worked pretty good.  I don't know that it is worth the price difference compared to regular ol Dove, but I will test it a little longer.

I am not sure that there is a best product out there.  I have tried deodorant without anti-perspirant (Toms).  I have tried almost every brand.  I have tried mens.  I had good luck with Certain Dri but you have to be very careful about when you use it especially after shaving. 

I admit defeat and now have more crummy AP/D I feel that I have to use up so I am not wasting them.  Should I quit using them completely so I don't get Alzheimers, breast cancer, other unforseen problem?  Who knows.  I have not done the "no product" test.  Maybe I can try that for a week.  I can throw my deodorant savings into body splash purchases.  ;)   Is this TMI?  Too bad.  Just wait til I publish my nursing sports bra recommendation post.

Happy Monday.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At March 26, 2012 at 12:20 PM , Blogger Stacey said...

We started using Young Living Deodorant. No, it does not keep you dry but the essential oils in it pull out the toxins. There were times in the beginning when the sweat just poured down the inside of my shirt. Now, it is not so bad. All I can think is that now there are less toxins that need to be pulled out. I have also heard good things about Herbalix. If you go to their website. www.herbalix.com they also have a detox deodorant. I don't know what to tell you other than I feel/think the exact same thing. I think you are better off sweating health wise and maybe save the anti-pers for when you have a special night out or something and the rest of the time, sweat it out. My personal opinion is that some of the cancers (in the lymph nodes esp)are caused by lack of detoxing and that sweating is supposed to be cleansing. So, even at work now, I just sweat, but don't smell to much with the young living... NOw, this was def TMI.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home