Monday, June 16, 2014

Date Paste And Other Nonsense

It allll started with me trying to make this smoothie that called for a raw date.  I got ticked off because the date wouldn't blend up. The smoothie was fabulous and I was a little interested in using dates as natural sweeteners instead of honey. On my next trip to Costco, I bought a whole ginormous pack of medjool dates (little wrinkly buggy looking things). 

I found a recipe for date paste that calls for soaking the dates in water overnight and blending the mixture in the morning.  WaLah. Smoothie problem solved. I now have pureed dates or date paste in my fridge and in my freezer.  Maybe even a lifetime supply of date paste and still a ton of dates in my fridge.  The stuff is good and all, but there is only so many uses for dates. I guess I should hit up pinterest and start looking for date recipes. 

People...I am not one of those crazies that likes to make date paste but anything for a good smoothie I guess? I fluctuate between fat lazy american mode and let's be one with nature mode.

For example, I have no problem with eating at McDonald's and scarfing chips, but I cloth diaper and use cloth wipes (most of the time). I am currently using a coconut oil based deodorant and face wash, but I spend hours a day sitting in front of a computer.  I drive a truck that averages about 13 mpg, but I drink decaf green tea like crazy. 

Identity crisis aside, please send me your favorite date recipes, and feel free to make your own lifetime supply of date paste following this method.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At June 16, 2014 at 4:34 PM , Anonymous Samantha W said...

Lol I love this post. I feel like this. Mine is out of laziness. I feel inspired to do all of these good and healthy natural things but then I have Coke etc..

 
At June 23, 2014 at 1:04 AM , Blogger LauraLowe said...

This is like when I tried to describe my parenting method. Here have some skittles but no you can't front face til you are in middle school.
I don't think you can sell me on date paste though. Then again if I ask hailey if she wants a smoothie she assumes we are going to Costco to get "purple moothie" berry ice concoction

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home