Tuesday, December 18, 2012

I Hired a Personal Stylist (Stitch Fix Review)

Ok...not really.  I did read about a company that is kind of like BirchBox for clothes called Stitch Fix.  Stitch Fix is a personal styling service.  They get your style and size preferences, then send you a package of stylish goodies to try on at home. No two Fixes are alike. Each one is hand–picked just for you.

I decided to try it out.  You fill out a massive questionnaire that includes questions about your job, your usual dress, your sizes, body type, price range, and all that good stuff.  The site also shows you pictures of clothes and you get to thumbs down/up them.  You can provide them links to your pinterest, facebook, and twitter accounts so they can get a better understanding of "you".

You pay $20 to request a fix.  The stylist analyzes you and sends you a shipment of 5 items based on your style  / size.  You can suggest items you are looking for if you want to.  You also have the option of opting in or out for accessories. You get to try on all of your goodies at home to see if you like them and if they go with other items in your closet.  Each item comes with a picture and/or instructions for ways to wear it....exactly what I need!

If you do not like anything in your box, you can send everything back (free shipping).  You are however out $20.  If you keep all of the items in your box, you get 25% off of your entire order.  Basically the $20 goes towards whatever you choose to keep, and the rest of the items go back in a pre-paid USPS bag.

In my first box, I got 1 pair of pants, 3 tops, and 1 set of earrings. I am too lazy to take pics of the items I got (sorry), but I really liked 2 of the tops and the pair of pants. I did not like a sweater/ tunic style top and the pair of earrings I was sent was just ok.  All of the clothes fit me great! The clothes are trendy, boutique style items so are a bit more expensive than I would have liked.  When filling out the questionnaire, I selected $0-$50 price range for tops and $0-$100 price range for pants. The tops were towards the upper end of the range as were the pants.  I suppose this should be expected, since these are trendy items.  They appear to be well made. 

I will probably try out the service one or two more times in the future.  There are no requirements for how often you request a stitch fix.

Are you interested in trying it too?  There is currently a wait list, but you can request an invite.  If you are interested, hook a mama up and use my referral ID here so I get a $25 credit.  Happy styling!


UPDATE:  Here is a picture I took in one of the tops I got. I styled it as recommended on the card. 


Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At December 19, 2012 at 9:08 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

I demand pictures.

 
At December 20, 2012 at 9:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool idea! I just signed up. Hopefully you get a referral credit and I get some fun stuff!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home