Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thanksgiving Leftovers

Are all of your Thanksgiving leftovers gone?  We finished ours off except for some cranberry jello goodness.  We also have some extra dressing in the freezer that never got cooked.  Thanksgiving was a success.  We celebrated with linner on Thanksgiving day and dinner the day after. 

Our spread.  Perhaps we need to work on our food photography.


Now, if you aren't burned out on turkey and cranberry type food, you have got to try this sandwich.  Publix, our local grocery store, has a Turkey Cranberry holiday sub. I was a little hesitant to try, but it was awesome.  I have tried to repeat at home. Not quite as good as Publix, but good enough. If you don't have a Publix, you can easily copycat! They even list the kind of turkey and cheese they use from the deli if you want to get serious about replicating.

Ingredients:
A loaf of some good bread. I think I bought Italian.
Sliced turkey
Sliced Gruyere cheese
Cranberry sauce. I used my leftover cranberry jello goodness. I am sure cranberry from a can or jar would be just fine too.
2 slices of bacon
A sprinkle of oregano

Instructions:
Assemble and eat. Try it hot. Try it cold. Just try it!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At December 3, 2012 at 10:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This cracks me up! Such a good idea. If anything was going to come close, it'd be the cranberry dish you made for Thanksgiving. Publix is going to take it off the menu soon!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home