Monday, April 16, 2012

Weekend Update

Get ready for the most exciting post ev-er.  This weekend we cleaned, laundried, and groceried. I cooked this Shrimp Etouffee. A real cajun would probably scoff at the recipe, but it was simple and good.  We tripled the spice requirements (of course).  Hunter washed trucks, changed oil, and got in a round of golf.

A few more random thoughts.

I ordered a CJ's Butter sample pack since I was almost out of cloth diaper safe cream.  The smells are awesome.  I could hardly narrow it down to 8.  Mamas you need this for your hands.  Bebes you need this for your booty.  I think my favorite is the blueberry crumble or the ginger lime.  Even if you don't cloth diaper, help yo'self.  

We got the courage to try putting Wyatt in a church nursery and tried out a new church.  They said he did great.  When we picked him up he stuck out his pouty lip suddenly realizing we had abandoned him for over an hour. 

Our standing instead of napping is getting much better but still could use some work.

Every day when I lay Wyatt's toys out he looks at me like "these again Mom?".  Made me wonder what people did in the good ol days for baby toys.  They probably played with grass, rocks, sticks, and rags.  They probably had to play a lot of patty cake with mom or be entertained by big sis or bro.  Maybe some home made dolls?  Little things like that do work.  I am currently booping Wyatt on the head with his jammies so I can type this.  He loves it!  I am glad I live in a time of toys though.  I also don't imagine Mom being able to spend all day entertaining her baby.  If Mom didn't work hard a family might not eat.  Did the baby get backpacked around?  Did the baby learn to be happy with lots of alone time?  Was one mom or big sister assigned baby duty so the rest of the moms could do their work?

Random thoughts by Janet.  I hope your Monday turns into Tuesday realll quick like. 

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At April 17, 2012 at 10:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip! My sampler is on the way!

Lol. I wonder too. All of Collin's toys light up and play music.

 
At April 18, 2012 at 9:58 AM , Blogger Janet said...

Goodie! We can compare smells.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home